Followers

Friday, October 31, 2008

egg shot and blur

well friends is that subject confusing enough for you? I will be posting about two things. The flu shot (I'll explain the egg reference.) and my blur of a week.

First off i got the flu shot yesterday. Which explains why I'm nauseous, sneezing and feeling like ick! Okay so I've gotten the flu shot for three years now. I get the shot and then i get sick for 3-4 days then I'm good and don't get the flu. The first year was the worst. Well i was waiting for the nurse and i read the pamphlet and found out why i get so sick.

"The flu shot is an inactivated vaccine (containing killed virus) that is given with a needle, usually in the arm. It contains three influenza viruses. The three vaccine strains – one A (H3N2) virus, one A (H1N1) virus, and one B virus – are representative of the influenza vaccine strains recommended for that year. Viruses for the flu shot are grown in eggs." http://www.cdc.gov/FLU/about/qa/flushot.htm

If you know me at all you know i am unable to stomach eggs. I cannot eat them unless they are fully baked in something such as cookies, cakes, brownies. But no omelets, scrambled, deviled eggs *side story about deviled eggs: when i was little i used to love to eat them although i cannot stomach eggs and my mom would get so mad at me for eating then cause i'd get so sick* and no fresh toast (unless it is light in egg and cooked very well). So i was talking to her and she told me that it is grown in eggs and that i would be fine as long as i wasn't going to break out into hives or get blisters everywhere. That is fine with me. So now i know why the flu shot doesn't settle well for the first few days, once again my stomach's dislike of eggs strikes against me again! I don't mind the taste at all it's just that it get to my stomach and it is NOT a happy thing.

Secondly, my blur is over. I have been working non-stop since Monday on my two hugest assignments for the semester. Ironically enough both professors commented on how they found it wise to do the huge assignments in the middle instead of the end when we also have finals. I couldn't agree more. Truly. I am now done with two of the biggest presentation/ work of my tough methods courses :0) Yea! Yesterday was seriously non-stop from 8am until 8:30pm. The only time i took a break was for lunch, about a half hour, and dinner i gulped down in ten minutes before heading out to class. It was a crazy day but it is DONE.

Oh and in one week from today i get to see my beloved camp family. I miss them oh so much! Well I'm gonna go rest. I cannot believe the only answer to not getting the flu comes from the one and only thing i cannot stomach, HA!
Kris

No comments: