Followers

Friday, October 10, 2008

observing, crazy dream and getting ready for homecoming...

quite the title huh? I'm pretty awful at coming up with titles! As i've commented before on someone's blog :0)!

So first things first. Yesterday i observed in a jr. high Special Edu class. It was pretty crazy. During November i will be working and teaching a lesson in the class. So the teacher was gone and there was a substute and a student teacher. I talked mainly with the student teacher and she is gone after next week. The sub was this really old guy who went by "Mr. W" on three separate occasions mistook me for a student. I was writing reflection notes on the classroom, etc. and the first time i was starring out the window at the h.s. band, former band geek here, and he came up patted me on the shoulder and said, "I know the band's distracting but try to finish your work." I smiled and politely told him i was from a local University and was here to observe! He says, "Oh i heard you were coming and i didn't think you looked like the other students!" You mean i dont look like a 13 year-old. I only have ten or so years on them :0) What a nut!

Okay crazy dream: i often have weird dreams but this one went far beyond weird. So you get to hear about it (or you guys depending on who got the new blog memo!):
In the dream i was shopping with a girlfriend (no clue who she is but we were pretty comfortable with each other) and i had a long shopping list. Just as i was to grab the things on my list she would take the very last item of what i needed. JERK! So then we get the checkout her with a cart full and me with nothing. I look up and the cashier is my boss and the bagger is one of my professors. My boss looks at me and is like, "where is all your stuff?" and i was like "I wasn't able to get it" and then she was like "I gave you one task to complete. Why couldn't you complete it?" Then i looked over and my professor says "If you can't do this in college how do you expect to do it when you are a professional teacher?" So i said i'd get them this time. I headed back to the groceries and there was this door and i walked in and the next thing i know i'm walking down the aisle. I walk down and right up to the pastor and he is shaking his head left to right (or right to left...didnt pay that much attention to detail) and he says "Kris, what are you doing? I gave you one task: the dress. Why aren't you in your dress? If you can't seem to do this at your wedding? How are you going to manage a healthy marriage?" So i turn around looking at all my friends and family and i sigh and say "I didn't get the hamburger" and i run out the door and back into the grocery aisle. I am to the hamburger and i pick it up and an alarm sounds- which is my alarm clock.
wow, right?!? I have my own interpretation but you are welcome to go ahead and throw out your idea(s)

So i'm currently getting ready for homecoming. I took a quick break to blog and lunch! :0)! I love getting ready and there is nothing like putting on a pretty dress and getting all gussied up for a night!!!! The best thing is that i'm going on a stress-and-drama-free-all-girls-thing!!!!!!

Pics of getting my hair done: it's always an adventure.

Above: The back of my hair. Crazy cool, huh?

All done!

Me being crazy...would you have me any other way?

Me and the hairdresser aka Roomie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha... I wouldn't have a first guess as to what that dream meant.