Followers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

debating with boys...

Lately I'm not sure why but I have been debating with my guy friends. This usually never happens, it's usually my guy friends who are laid back and everything is, 'cool man' but lately i am talking to them and then they say something and I'm like "you cannot be serious right now" there are times when you can let things slide but there are other times i cannot. Yesterday was a time i could not.

My friend was over and he was trying to set up my close friend with is brother. I asked him why and he said "well he's not a christian and she would be a great example for him, a self esteem boost" WHHAAAATTTTT? So then i bluntly said that Christians aren't to date non Christians. He flipped out when i said this. Then he went on and on saying how i am out of touch with non Christians and that we shouldn't put ourselves on a pedestal. Okay back up one sec, I'm out of touch with non Christians, let's not forget i have a whole family of non Christians at home...let's NOT forget that. I reminded him of this and he says, yea well wouldn't you want them to date someone who could lead them to Christ? Okay so by this time i was fuming. Not too many people can get me this upset but when you first of all claim something that is undeniable biblical inaccurate and then when you bring in my family...wow. I just looked at him and said, "before it gets ugly let's step away from my family and talk about this dating thing" then he goes to say that he sees no problem in dating someone to win them to Christ. I reminded him of that book all Christians read, ya know the one: THE BIBLE!!! Especially where it says you are to be equally yoked. The conversation didn't get any better and we got a point where we talked about the view of Christianity and instead of complaining about it we should, as Christians, live authentically and lovingly and change the view.

Okay so there are few things i get fired up about and even as i write this blog my heart is racing! It's not a struggle in my life. I know my boyfriend and eventually husband will be a man of God. That is no question. However it scares me that people see no problem with "missionary dating"...my little sister used to do it when she went to church. She would start hanging out with a guy and say things like "I cannot date you unless you are a Christian *wink*" Ugh, it bothered me so much. Now, unfortunately she went the opposite way and just started dating non Christians and fell from the church, there's a whole new blog, my families disappointments with the church, another blog!

Anyways, this is the most annoying of debates with my guy friends lately. I'm not usually one to sit and debate with my guy friends but i will if they are dead wrong.

Kris

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow... I would just be like "hey you are wrong, take that up with the Bible and not me" and just walk away.