Followers

Sunday, October 12, 2008

church...

So my last post was a bit angry/upset and as an optimist i cannot lay down for my much need nap without the list of things i love that God reminded me at church

I love (and am blessed by):
  • Coffee, generously donated by the church :)
  • Preschool children and their genuine and hilarious comments
  • My friends. They are such a blessing to my life.
  • Laughter and joy that comes from God
  • Hymns, i just love singing hymns.
:) This is not me taking back what i said in the post i wrote this morning. I just think we can get caught up in the negatives. I heard someone this weekend say "I'm a heathen cause i dont go to church but i figure i go to chapel twice a week". This bothered me, you shouldn't ever have to go to church. It was designed for mini-Christ to come and fellowship and worship God. Today at church God reminded me of that :)

He is so very good :0)
"Riches i heed not nor men's empty praise" Be Thou My Vision
Amen.

2 comments:

Our family is a little more than a Patrick sandwich. said...

Hey lady! It's Mandi... I added you to my google reader. Here's our blog, and the baby's is linked to it :)

Unknown said...

that is the problem i have with Ada Bible. It's huge... so you go... you listen to the sermon... and you leave. I could do that on my computer! that is not church. I should rephrase myself a little because I just made Ada look bad and that wasn't really my intent. Ada has a fantastic small group program, these small groups are The Church for those people in them... not the congregation of 5000 people. I am not in one of those unfortunately... and therefore I really don't have a "church", which brings me great sorrow. So when I say that is my problem with Ada I mean it is "my" problem, not a problem with Ada Bible Church itself, but with me. if that makes sense.