Followers

Saturday, November 1, 2008

anonymous gifts and trunks

For Halloween the transfer PAs signed up for a trunk for "Trunk or Treat" we had about five people say they were going to show up. Which is normal for an event. We had three show up and help us pass out candy and then all of the sudden seven of them showed up dressed up like "The Office" it was amazing. I don't know much about the office but have seen a few episodes. One of my guys who was playing Dwight was cracking me up. It was his birthday and he came up to me right in my face and i asked him he had gotten my e-mail and he said something about how he didn't do emailing anymore his Internet was shut off. Then he looked over to "Jim" and said "Where's my stapler, have you seen my stapler?" They all were in character the whole time and were so funny. It was so great. Pictures to come.

After that i went back to my apartment and finally ate dinner at about 8:30. Some good 'ol rice and chicken. Then Wookie called and harassed me for a little bit and said that he and Casey were going to McDonald, i just got paid and the thought of food was extremely exciting, dinner wasn't all that exciting. So i went and Mel was there getting ready to go to GR, so jealous, and so i got food and sat with the boys. Soon after Bethany came (woot woot) and we all sat and talked and laughed. Then Wookie was featuring his growls and decided that since Mike Johnson never ever picks up his phone he'd call him and give him a hilarious voicemail but surprise Mike answered. Apparently he could tell i was there because i was laughing in the background. I love being around my camp family, they crack me up so very much! I needed to laugh after the last few weeks!

So then Bethany and I went to her room. I decided to check my mail real quick and i am so happy i did. I found three envelopes. The first was a return envelope of a letter i sent to Jennifer but no worries I'll see her in six days WOOOOOOOOT for camp! The second was from the financial aid office notifying me that my long awaiting loan had in fact come in. I felt a weight being lifted from me. Then i saw the third letter. It was from someone on campus. Just my names and box number on the envelope. I was thinking, "Oh how nice someone send me an encouragement card" which is so awesome. I open up the envelope and find a $20 inside. No note. Just the money. My eyes had to be checked and i looked at Bethany and i said "someone sent me money. someone i'd like to hug and thank. wow." That is just amazing...yes? Looks like the storm is over. Things are starting to look up and other than my sickness i am back to myself.

Today's objective is resting it up. And sometime this weekend getting some groceries!
Kris

No comments: