Followers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

songs and chapel

first things first. I love music. I cannot sing to save my life but there is just something about music that speaks to me no matter where i am in life. I feel like i am a nomad and i can always have my music. Well lately there have been two songs that i just are my "pump up" songs. They are polar opposites but when i hear them i just feel alive and ready to take on the day or whatever event is about to happen.

The first is Linkin Park's "Bleed It Out"


The second is "How Deep The Father's Love"


as stated above these are very different! But both just pump me up!

Alright so to chapel. Our speak was an alumni and he graduated when i was a freshmen, which is weird to think about. He talked about how his heart and passion was for the city. At the end the chaplain asked anyone who feels led to the city to stand and then who isn't sure if the city is for them. I didn't apply to either but stood for the second one. I don't feel called to the city or the country. I feel called any and everywhere. I feel like God wants me to be in the dumps, streets, cities, countries and slums of the world to show with actions the deep love of Christ. I don't know where that means or how that is going to work but God does.

These are my thoughts.

1 comment:

Casey Butler said...

I stood for the second one, too. I don't know where God wants me at this point, but I've been having more and more opportunities lately to serve in cities for the first time.

You have a really good attitude about it, fo sho! I'll be praying that God gives you guidance, especially in regards to what you've said before about camp.