Followers

Friday, November 7, 2008

spotlight= yuck

So today in chapel a group of peer advisors sang for special music. Ron Kopiko called on of the PAs and asked them to get a group together. I was one of the few that went to most practices but i didn't make it all of them. I got to chapel early and KT says "Kris you and Claire have the first mic" okay so for whatever reason i got cast to be one of the six to have a mic. whatever. Then it came start for chapel to start, can you say intimidating. We were sitting in the choir loft behind the chapel band and it was intimidating to look out and see a packed out chapel. I'm not a front stage type of girl. I looked up a lot and when the beaming lots were blinding i decided to close my eyes. When the chapel band was done it was our turn to go up there. We discovered that we needed to be holding the mic and my partner wasn't too thrilled to have the mic so instead of sharing a mic i ended up having a mic and was one of three with one. I reminded myself that i was doing it for the audience of one and not the hundreds of students in the audience. we sang "At the foot of the cross" truly a beautiful song.

I am NOT a spotlight girl. I am a back-stage making sure those who are spotlight guys and girls are good to go. I don't do speaking in front of crowds and i don't like to have attention put upon me. This is why every February my face is beat red when a crowd, no matter the size, sings happy birthday to me. However only when done in a public place because i can always feel a lot of people looking over at me. I don't do spotlight but somehow today i managed. It may have helped that i had one of my lovely transfer down front smiling at me :)

i found out that next weekend my dad is playing a reunion gig and will be playing for his last time in his band. My dad was in a jazz/blues band most of my life, some of my earliest memories was getting my dad's friends and family out on the dance floor, apparently when i was little i was comfortable with that spotlight :). Well two years ago the band broke up and i was very sad because i haven't seen them preform since my freshmen year in h.s. when i lived with him for a year! I am excited to see them once again. Apparently they are doing it for an old friend who is really sick or something. One last show together! I am so excited to go! It will be nice to see my dad when it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas!

I am going to camp today. WOOHOO! I am very excited and cannot hold in the excitement to see everyone.

No comments: