Followers

Sunday, November 9, 2008

camp reunion n stuff!

Okay no surprise here, CAMP WAS AMAZING. I had such a great time. It would have been nice to get more sleep but there is just too many amazing people to hang out with. I had so many friends there i was so very blessed to be there. I wish i could have had a week to talk and catch up on life with all of them but seeing them briefly was so great. I appreciate them so much. A few highlights included passing out flyers with the gingers :), Casey's surprise birthday party and sitting in the lounge just talking. I found myself a few time just looking around and thinking, "What a great place and what amazing people!" I really love being there, there truly is nowhere else I'd rather be. There are times during the summer i want to go somewhere but it's usually for a few hours and not so much for an extended period of time. I go back home and it takes less than 24 hrs to want to go back! Seriously! I laughed a lot, thought a lot and smiled a lot! A LOT! :) I love my friends and this weekend was so great.

I also got to spend some quality time with my savior and Lord, Jesus! The first night after hanging out in the lounge for awhile i decided to walk around camp! I ended up at my favorite God time place is where i used to have SMT camp fires. There is this picnic table by the lake and i just love it. I sat in silence for awhile and then poured out my heart to God. He told me something that i really needed to hear, an answer if you will, to a prayer I've been praying since June or July. It's not the answer i want but it's not about me! This time was amazing. I also woke up early both Saturday and today and sat in the lounge in my "usual spot" (or the spot i sat every staff meeting this summer) and read James. I love this book of the bible and each chapter is so packed full of things that i need. I am so excited for where God is leading me and the woman he is calling me to be.

Honesty: i like to think I'm an honest person. I am really happy where i am. Seriously, i am happy and content with my life. This hasn't happened, ever! There are things I'm looking forward to when God is ready for those things to happen but i am exceedingly happy right now. I truly am. I have had a rough semester and God is teaching me a lot. Usually when you are being taught and stretched you are not too happy but it's been so good for me. I know that each small thing i go through is equipping me to be the woman God is calling me to be.

Kris

No comments: