Followers

Monday, November 10, 2008

upside down life...

This weekend was so big for me spiritually. I have been praying about a few things that i haven't told anyone. I mean not even STO, Wookie or my roommate. I just don't know how i feel about these two things and so i've kept it to myself. Many of you may have seen this as i was very distant and slipped away a few times. These times you would find me by the lake praying and listening to the voice of God. Of the two i feel like i can only talk about one of them. God is calling me to live at camp. I hesitate to say that because it has been a dream of mine for the last five years that i've worked at camp. This semester has been the hardest one i've had so far. The entire way up to camp between conversations i was praying about the many things being thrown at me. I have been stretched, stressed and exhausted. I stepped out of the van and instantly felt like a burden was lifted and felt at peace. I cannot explain it but there is nowhere else i feel like that. Camp has this feeling like this is where i am supposed to be. I hope one day to have a country or place that feels as home as camp does. I talked to Duane about the possibility of interning there while student teaching next fall. It looks promising and i got an offer to live at Jennifer's place if that doesn't work out. Let me explain how this turns everything upside down. Since i switched to special education i always wanted to live on campus and student teach in the spring arbor area. I just knew that i loved spring arbor and that i would be in the area, i know the principals and a lot of teachers and this is my comfort zone. Once again God chuckled at my plan and took out his editing pen and went to work! I should know better by now!

I have a meeting on Thursday to discuss my student teaching semester. I have no idea how this will look but i am excited to see how it'll all work out.

2 comments:

Casey Butler said...

Kris, that is really awesome. I will be praying for you about this.

Unknown said...

it seems the way you describe your feelings about camp, that maybe it is what the Spirit is trying to tell you.