Followers

Monday, November 17, 2008

me in a nutshell....

Highlights of me lately:

-I am giving up facebook. It's not necessarily a fast but just need to prioritize. I go through this a lot where i need to put God first and i don't. I suck at that.

-I have a deep thirst and hunger for Christ. I cannot seem to get enough and find myself crying a lot. Not in a bad way but in a God is breaking my heart for others.

-My weekend with was dad was more than expected. It redefined my relationship with my father and it's all good! We are past all the drama and are a father daughter unit and he validated me in a way that meant the world to me. Since i was little all i ever wanted to know that my dad valued me and this weekend he told me he was very proud of me and said that he tells all the guys at work about his daughter whose graduating in May. :0) My heart was doing flips!!!!!

-God is teaching me to give up. That sounds very pessimistic. However there is something i have been thinking and praying about a lot these days and God told me to hand it over fully to him. I did that and i am leaving it with him. Not to say that i don't care in fact i care a lot however i'm done holding onto it and am going to give him all control and i am now moving on and living the way HE wants me to and if this other things happens HALLELUJAH and if not GOD is in control.

-I'm reading Jesus Freaks: the stories of those who stood for Jesus. I read it and want to go do something. I want to live like these people and have come to realize that this weekend i was on the mission field. I had many question me about my faith and i had one of my family friends tell me that she always noticed something different about you. A joy that she couldn't explain and that she always looks forward to seeing my smiling face!

lots of thoughts as usual.
off to a God date!
Kris