Followers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

junior high teaching

Today i taught my first lesson in a junior high Special Edu. class. I have so much respect for those of my friend who teach junior high or teach youth group/ Sunday school! I have no clue how they do it because i was terribly intimidated. My comfort zone is 1st - 3rd grade: coloring, imagination, and story-telling. I love this age group. However to contradict myself at camp my favorite week at camp is senior high and i relate best to the junior high age campers. Crazy, huh? Yeah that is the story of my life seriously! I taught a lesson today and it may have been that i have been sick for the last two weeks with whatever this is but it was a rough lesson. I mean the student learned the geometrical shapes i wanted them to but there were so many things that i forgot. I know that the point of this class is to get me comfortable in a junior high room as well as getting an idea of how much goes into teaching. Luckily they aren't expecting me to be an all-star teacher by the end of the semester! I am far from there.

I am very excited for the weekend. Tomorrow i will be heading to Ann Arbor with the transfers with Damon Seacott. Damon is the assistant to the university president and he is treating us to pizza and then we are going to Borders (in Ann Arbor is the first one). Then on Saturday Bekah and I will be heading to Grand Rapids. We are spending some time checking out David's Bridal looking at different bridesmaid dresses and such. Then we'll be meeting up with Nates: STO and her brother Nate. I will also be seeing Amy and possibly Monika and Steph. :) Did i mention i am excited?


Kris.

1 comment:

CoCo said...

Hope you have fun!