Followers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

my thoughts

today has been extremely busy yet contemplative. I do a lot of walking whether back and forth from my apartment, to class, to various meetings, or around campus trying to find an open computer: which is increasingly difficult these days with finals so close. Usually on these walks i would listen to my Ipod and jam but my charger is broken so instead i think and think some more. Today here are my four main thoughts.
1. Singleness is no disease
2. Today is a gift
3. Japan was life altering
4. i like boys.
Now simply glancing at my list it seems like one and four contradict one another but let me explain each of then and the novel begins now:

1. Singleness is a gift.
I started to write this blog but got sick of sounding like the tired old cliche of how singleness is truly a gift. Let's just say that i haven't written off the possibilities of being a wife and mother but i am truly joyful in my singleness. Being a single woman of God has been extremely difficult but rewarding. There is someone who if asked i would trade in my single life for a relationship but i am more than willing to wait.

2. Today is a gift.
I have never truly struggled with holding onto the past. If you know my past you would understand why this is. However lately i have much struggled with the want for the future. This is difficult to step away from especially when you are in college where we are often talking about our careers, graduating, marriage, etc. My prayer partner recently bought me the Nooma video titled Today because he knows of my struggle with staying in the moment. The gesture alone of someone buying me an out of the blue gift was huge. I am not a die hard Rob Bell fan but i do like his teachings. I just finished watching it and it was great but i have to think about it and look up some of the scriptures and formulate my own opinions about it!

3. Japan was life altering.
Tonight before my class i was invited to a meeting for students interesting in Japan semester abroad. As a veteran(as they call us) i got to be asked questions and talk about our trip. As stated earlier i don't like to dwell on the past but as i walked in watching the picture slideshow i came to the realization that i have come a long way since that trip. Pre-Japan i had never stepped outside the country and was very close minded about a lot of things. I am nowhere near the same person. I so appreciate all i learned on that trip and was so excited to share that with others and as i shared with others it was as if it were a family reunion even though none of the other veterans went on the same trip.

4. i like boys.
Attention getting? I'd hope so! This one is a praise to guys. I realize that as a single girl praising guys can be dangerous grounds but let me give you some girl perspective! Today i was walking through the student center (i usually walk around but seeing how it's pretty cold i decided to walk through) and this guy i met once about a month ago slid through the door very slickly and i said hey as i was about 10 feet from the door he stopped right in front of me, looked up at me and said "I am so sorry" and turned around and ran to the door opening it for me and waited patiently until i got to the door. I was shocked and so appreciative. Let me just say that a good guy, a guy who is good out of genuineness is a rare find. I know that the guys who read this blog fit in this category. Know that your acts of genuine kindness does not go unnoticed by this girl, i notice and i appreciate it oh so much! Before coming to SAU i never once had a guy open a door (car, house, or store) for me before and i never knew guys did that! :) truly! So these days being a gentlemen or genuinely nice is something i have grown accustomed to but i do in my heart appreciate it so much. Know that i appreciate the small things you great guys do and i am better for knowing you.

my thoughts for you!
Kris

No comments: