Followers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the looooooongest weekend!

So this weekend i had to go to Spring Arbor for a seminar. I stopped by home to visit with my family and it was a great visit. My step dad and i got along and actually held a civil conversation and if you know me...you know how huge that is. I got the car packed and headed out. I got about a half hour away from home and my car overheated and died. After waiting along the side of a road for what seemed like forever but was actually (only) two hours a nice stranger stopped by and let me call home. My step dad came and pulled me back home. We looked at the car to discover that the starter went out and so we got a new one and then the next day i tried once again to head to Spring Arbor only to have history repeat itself. However this time i had a cell phone. Yes you just read that correct: I, Kris Locker, have a cell phone. My mom completely freaked out that i was stranded in the middle of nowhere for two hours without any help went out and bought me a prepaid cell phone and put minutes on it. She is going to put about 100 minutes a month on it for me for the traveling and such. So this time i called home and had them get me...again. At this point i had officially lost it and was crying when they came to get me. My uncle looked at it and said it was the alternator so we changed that and last night at 8pm i turned the key and my stomach dropped as it only made the *click click click* sound.

So after a few hundred dollars and two days of missing important meetings and sessions i talked it over with my mom and she decided to drop me off. By the time we got things around, found babysitters, etc it was nearing after midnight. I told her that i could wait until morning but she insisted she would get me there this morning for my teacher in-services all day. So i finally rolled in at 3:30 gave my mom an official tour of my cabin and unpacked the truck. I went to the office to see if my teacher had emailed me and then went to bed. I finally fell asleep at 4 and woke up to get ready at 7. I woke up pretty exhausted and got ready for the day. I borrowed a camp van and drove to Pine River HS and sat through a day of meetings, lectures and presentations. I met a lot of the teachers in the area and talked to my principal.

I am so glad to be back. I am thankful to God that this all happened only 30 minutes from my mom's house and that my step dad was in a good mood and actually civil toward me. Although this was so frustrating and emotionally exhausting God had his hand on it. He is so good. so good.

My mom just called and said the new started apparently shorted out when it over heated the second time and we have to replace it and the radiator is bad. Hopefully *praying hard* it can be fixed and be dropped off back to me on Monday (my one and only day off for awhile) :)

That it...my long weekend. A weekend of crying, praying, crying and praying. Oh and praying, praying, praying. It was a very spiritual weekend for me.

Kris

No comments: