Followers

Sunday, December 30, 2012

quite the trip

My trip to Michigan started off great but had a rough ending. It started earlier than anticipated as we were attempted to leave before the blizzard. So instead we left on Christmas night. After dropping off my dad at this girlfriend's home and then headed to Lauren and I had a blast with Lauren for awhile. We watched a movie, went out to eat a few times, shopped and talked and enjoyed each other's company. From there I went to my brother's house. I took my mom out to eat to Chinese and then to a coffee shop for some conversation. Then went back to spend time with the family. The next day I went to a cabin to visit with some friends from college. It was a great time of game playing, memory sharing, updating on life and then dinner together. Time flew way too fast. After dinner I left for a cottage we rented for a few nights. It was ironically called the "blues cottage" and after spending eight hours there sleeping I woke up dizzy, nauseous, and with a severe headache. I went downstairs and we all woke up with the same headache. We decided to be done with the cottage for good. I walked up stairs to pack my things and was immediately dizzy and felt like I was about to pass out. We believe it was Carbon Monoxide poisoning. We left and I spent the afternoon throwing up in any available toilet I could find. I wasn't able to eat until about 6:30 that evening. It was the worst feeling I have ever felt. My bed was right above the heater and we believe it wasn't connected properly or something. We talked to the manager of the place and his response was, "Oh sorry to hear that". We left for home after taking all of my nieces and nephews to Chuck E Cheese. We got home at midnight to find a non-existent driveway. We had to unload our things and then dad shoveled the driveway. I was exhausted and terribly weak but so excited to be home again. I slept really well in my own bed and for like ten hours or so. All in all I am thankful to be alive and that no long term effects hurt us. It could have been a lot worse. I got the worst of it since I was upstairs and right above the heater in the cottage. I am hoping my next trip to Michigan ends a little bit better.

No comments: