Followers

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Veggie Tales, Purity Rings and a Busy schedule

A story of how God looked at my schedule and laughed, as he usually does.

I was having a pretty busy day and had a lot of errands to do. I needed to find a Veggie Tale to show on Sunday so i decided to call a local video store and see what they had. I had a conversation with a girl who worked there and was immediately dissapointed that they didn't have the movie i was specificially looking for. The girl on the phone said that if i came in she would take me through some movies that she believed would work just as well. I hung up the phone and thought that maybe i could squeeze a trip to the movie store in. I guess. I went and walked straight to the " free kids movies" and starting hurriedly looking through them. She walked up and asked if i was the girl on the phone looking for Veggie Tales. We ended up on this conversation:

"Jonah is my personal favorite" girl
"Yeah, i like that one but they have seen it already" me
"Can i ask you a personal question?" girl
"You sure can" me (thinking: sure, cause we've known each other for five minutes)
"*pointing at my ring* is that purity or promise?" girl
"Oh, that's my purity ring" me
"Wow. *points to her matching ring* Mine too. It's very rare to meet anyone "these days" willing to wait for the right one...it's refreshing to know i'm not alone" girl

Then we had a pretty great conversation. Was i looking for a conversation at the video store about faith and purity? Ummm, no but God wanted to remind me of all the little moments he provides us to show glimpses of his goodness.

No comments: