Followers

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

money is stupid

Philippians 4:19
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

Acts 20:35
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’

Lately I have been really struggling with money and how much emphasis it gets. I love my job and am content with it but still struggle to barely make enough money to pay off my bills. In the upcoming months I also get the pleasure of starting to pay off student loans. I know that God will provide but sometimes I wonder how if i will ever get out the money hamster wheel. I make money to spend it and it seems the more i make the more people want some more money.

God is good and always has provided and that is what I need to focus on. I have found the verses above and am meditating on them.

"If HIS grace is an ocean, we're all sinking" -How He Loves Us

No comments: