Followers

Thursday, October 20, 2011

transitions and blessings overflowing

God has done a number in my life. Recently I have been reflecting over where God has taken me and the decisions i have made time and again to drop everything and follow him. In the last two years I have declined a job teaching in Honduras (which was MY dream and not His will), moved to Grand Rapids with friends and work in daycare centers- a room of toddlers is not my ideal job-, and then move away from everyone i know and love and reconnect with my family in Ohio. It has been a crazy road but God is proving how much he truly loves me. Not that i doubt his love but sometimes I wonder if he got distracted and forgot about my needs. It's ridiculous to think that but I am human and I do worry.

Right now I am acting as a housewife but i call it house-daughter. I have a part time job ***more of that later*** and during the day I take care of the house ie. laundry, dishes, cleaning areas of the house, and cooking dinner and take care of the family dog. Twice and week and every other weekend I pick up and drop off my little brother at his mom's home. It scares me how much I actually enjoy doing this. I love my family and love to sit down as a family (even if that is only my dad and me) at dinner and have conversations about the day, beliefs, whatever. I never pictured myself as a "house wife" but could see it happen someday. Never thought i'd ever say that. I also find it hilarious how attached I am getting to the family dog. She is a family member for sure. I have always loved dogs but she is the last dog i would have ever picked given a choice. She is half Pomeranian and half Poodle. She's a girlie dog and it took some time but she has grown on me.

Okay so the job. I am the Director of Christian Education and Youth at a Lutheran church. Its a long title but basically I oversee all teachings and curriculum in the church and am an active leader in the youth. I organize things like youth services, youth outings, membership classes, baptism classes, and the Christmas pageant. This is a part time and primarily I am only at the church on Wednesday nights and Sundays mornings. I have met with the pastor a few times and he has a great sense of humor and is so helpful while I'm transiting into this position. I have met a few of the junior highers on Wednesday night. I look forward to what God has. This job is a blessing. Not only is in Education but it's a ministry that I am getting paid for. It's not much but it is sufficient enough to pay my monthly bills and that is all i need.

I know this is long so if you skipped to the end here are the highlights I got a job and I'm married!

Much love and prayers for you,
Kris

2 comments:

You're an Ocean of Reality said...

haha, "girlie dog." You're so great, Kris. I miss you.

Kris Locker said...

I miss you too. a lot.