Followers

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

my thoughts on Polygamy!

For me polygamy has always been a joke. Not the lifestyle but just a blonde joke. When i was in high school there was a blonde sitting next to me in history class reading and she leans over to me and says "Why is there math in here? Why are they talking about poly-gamy? Is that like a octogon?" Yeah, that happened.

I tend to think that I am an open minded person. I've seen shows about the towns of polygamist families who dress like Amish and have teen brides. However lately i've started exploring a show on TLC called "Sister Wives". It's a very intriguing show I must admit. I think that like most 'alternative lifestyles' we should treat them as people and as God's creations. They need to see that their are people to love them even if they do not believe their lifestyle. They don't need people to criticize, or judge. They need love which is ironic since these people are all about love!

This is no way of saying that I am interested in polygamy. I struggle with sharing my food; so there is no way I would ever be able to share a husband. I've never been in a committed relationship but I do know that I wouldn't ever want another woman stealing his attention and especially not having their children. This is not me judging their lifestyle but stating my opinion.

Interesting: There was a point in the show when Meri "the first wife" was dealing with jealous as Kody (the lucky guy with four wives) was planning the wedding for his fourth wife. She told him that he should picture her being around another man and that man getting ready to move in with them. Kody became disgusted with the thought of another man in their world and he even stated that he would not be able to work with that. I found this very interesting.

:) My thoughts/ ramblings!
Kris

No comments: