Followers

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Season of Singleness

Well its Valentine's day... we single people have had 365 days to find someone and for some reason there was no one on this miserable planet who would take us. We have failed 365 times and, in true honesty, the next 365 days arent exactly looking like the beginning of a crappy romantic comedy. heres to us! The supporting characters in someone elses love story. The Fat Amys, Luigis, Eponines, and anyone else who can sing their little broken hearts to a sad love song on the spot. Heres to another 365 days still being ready to mingle lol HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!!

I stole the above statement from a facebook status. This status is in fact what is wrong with the world's view of singleness. I believe that being single is a season in life. I do NOT believe it's a disease as much of our society would let you think. It can be a beautiful time in your life when God can teach you the lessons you need to know. The bible doesn't ever say that those who are single should stop whatever they are doing and find out what is holding them back from being with someone.  The scriptures below say what I feel about the season of singleness. This time is a gift from God and nothing more:





1 Corinthians 7:32-35

 I want you to be free from anxieties. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to please the Lord. But the married man is anxious about worldly things, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried or betrothed woman is anxious about the things of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit. But the married woman is anxious about worldly things, how to please her husband.  I say this for your own benefit, not to lay any restraint upon you, but to promote good order and to secure your undivided devotion to the Lord.

3 comments:

Casey Butler said...

Yes. Being single is awesome. Life is WAY easier, haha.

Reminds me of...THIS:

http://caseybutlerkingofthewildfrontier.blogspot.com/2011/02/that-day-of-year.html

My status has since been updated, haha, but I still stand by the post itself.

Andrea said...

Seriously, singleness is such a blessing and like Casey said, WAY easier.

Kris Locker said...

thanks Casey. I went to the blog and apparently had previously read it and liked it so much I commented. I think memory is the first thing to go ;)

I agree with both of you. I just wish others would see it for the blessing that it is and stop treating me like i'm diseased or missing something.